Tadla Rampur Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society Limited of Nizamabad District is creating sensation in the Cooperation sector.
Tadla Rampur PACS , ErgatlaMandal of Nizamabad district is achieving new records every year in agricultural credit sector and is moving in the way of development in an accelerated way has became a torch bearer to other agricultural credit societies in the state. It was established on 20th December, 1960 to serve the four villages of Tadla Rampur, Gummiryal, Domchanda, Tadapakal and attracted the attention of everyone with the distinctive services of the members of the society. Ten years ago, this society which was limited to only 5 crore turnover increased its turnover 30 times as on 2018, March 31 to 150 crores and when we witness this growth this will make everyone feel surprised. It is heartening to see the inclusion of Tadla Rampur society along with Mulkanur Marketing Cooperative Society, GattuDuddenapally Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society which are listed as best cooperative societies in Telangana region since decades. It is worth appreciation that this Society which was in remote village has become the best cooperative society not only at district level but also at state level.
Nizamabad district remains at top position even if we observe in erstwhile united districts and also as new district in Telangana state. Presently, most of the agricultural credit societies in Nizamabad district are in profits. If we examine the ten years background of Tadla Rampur PACS, it will be evident that it is striving forward by effectively encountering the problems.
Head Office: The Head office of the society established at Tadla Rampur is of corporate level and easily attracts the passer by. The spacious meeting hall, latest banking counter, spacious premises, shopping centres, function hall near the society, recently opened milk chilling centre, rice mill at some distance, 250 MT fertilizer Warehouse, 300 MT grains storage Warehouse and many more.. It is worth appreciating that this development was achieved by one Primary Cooperative Credit Society.
The fixed assets of Society in other villages: Along with buildings, warehouses in Tadla Rampur village where the Head Office is located, the society is also having valuable warehouses and godowns in other three villages i.e., Gummiryal, Domchanda, Tadapakal villages. Along with cash counter 1400 MT warehouse atGummiryal, 1000 MT warehouse at Domchanda, 1000 MT ware house at Tadapakal belong to the society. All the buildings, warehouses, Head Office, and other assets in 4 villages of the society are spread in about 71/2 acres area.
Society that achieved 100% collections consecutively: There is a special place for this society in the district. This society earned the name as the society with 100 percent collections many times without the book adjustments intervention. Earlier even though the society members did not accrue any benefit through the loan waiver scheme announced by the central government, we can say that it remained a live example for 100 percent collections with benefit of Rs. 31 lakhs accruing to the society members under the incentive scheme of Rs. 5000/- announced and implemented by erstwhile United State Chief Minister Raja Sekhara Reddy as incentive to those who paid the loans completely.
100% Collections and other awards :
- Andhra Pradesh State Cooperative Bank had awarded Rs. 45,000/- prize money for collecting 100% loan amount from members in 2006-07. As a result Nizamabad DCCB also got Rs.5000/- prize money.
- For showing substantial progress in collections in 2007-08, the president of the society Soma ChinnaGangareddy was felicitated by the then APCOB Chairman VasanthaNageshwarRao.
- In 2008-09, Rs.2 lakh grant was granted to the society for the construction of society warehouse by IFFCO as the society sold the IFFCO fertilizers to a maximum extent.
- In 2010-11, Rs.25,000/- financial support for the society to purchase furniture by KRIBHCO as the society sold the KRIBHCO fertilizers to a maximum extent.
- In 2012-13, it was recognised as the best society by Andhra Pradesh State Cooperative Union and president of the society was felicitated by the then Home Minister Smt. SabithaIndra Reddy and Cooperative Minister Sri. KasuVenkata Krishna Reddy. Felicitation to the society president by the then Nizamabad DCCB President Sri. GangadharaRaoPatwari for achieving 100 percentcollection of loans.
- In 2013-14 also felicitation by Nizamabad DCCB president for 100 % loan recovery.
- In 2014-15 and also in 2015-16 on achieving 100% loan collecting society, felicitation to the society president and Rs. 25,000/- fixed deposit bond.
Dignitaries that visited the society:
Sri K.R. Suresh Reddy as a speaker, Sri Anil Kumar as Government Whip, Sri A. Praveen Reddy as president of Mulkanur Marketing Society, State Cooperative Minister Sri PocharamSrinivas Reddy, Balkonda MLA Sri VemulaPrashanth Reddy, Nizamabad District Collector SmtYogithaRana along with DCCB, PACS presidents, representatives of NABARD, NCDC, APCOB, TESCOB,IFFCO, KRIBHCO, Officials of cooperative department and other trainees visited this society and appreciated the functioning of the society. In order to examine the society programs, the members of the governing bodies of PACS, farmers frequently visit this society.
Distinctive services rendered by the society: Along with traditional services rendered to its members like crop loans, long term loans, loans on gold ornaments, loans on deposits, it is involved in fertilizers, seeds and pesticides business by introducing new services as and when needed it is receiving accolades from the members as well as dignitaries. At the same time, society is increasing its profits by introducing services one after another.
- Loans were given for 55 persons for purchasing tractors, 3 persons for purchasing paddy harvesting machine, 4 persons for purchasing turmeric boiling machines along with house construction loan for 3 persons, and for purchasing sheep and goats from NABARD funds. Loans are given from society funds for purchase of cars and for house construction.
- As a MARKFED agent for maize, and as a FCI agent it is involved in business of purchasing this grain.
- It is providing banking business along with locker facilities.
- IFFCO-TOKYO general insurance agency
- Western Union Money Transfer
- Loans on Negotiable warehousing receipts and on crop storage.
- Rice mill and Rice business
- Function Hall
- Selling of Tractor parts
- Milk chilling/collection centre.
Effective Leadership: Since ChinnaGangareddy who was elected as president in the Cooperative elections that were held in 2005, to till now under his leadership the society is marching progressively ahead. He is the native of Gummiryal village and was unanimously elected as the president of the society at a very young age. He was favoured by every member and is endeavouring day and night for the developing of the society. His foresightedness, honesty and perseverance helped to put society at the forefront. With his acquaintance he tried in every way to benefit the society at every step. With the funds of the then speaker Sri K. Suresh Reddy warehouses were established in the four villages in the beginning. Arrangements were made to offer all the services in the village of the respective members. The services of society were designed in such a way that they never even felt that there was no commercial bank in the four villages. Sri Soma ChinnaGangareddy is an effective leader who turnsevery impossibility as a possibility. We can’t see differently Tadla Rampur PACS development and Soma ChinnaGangareddy. His thoughts always rotated around the development of the society. The societies which have this leadership where the works of the society are given predominance over the personal workscan undertake any business as a cooperative society and can achieve anything was proved in the case of Tadla Rampur PACS.Telangana State Cooperative Union is wishing wholeheartedly that all the PACS in the Telangana state should take Tadla Rampur as model and strive progressively.
Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society Limited,
Our society BandlagudaKhalsa Cooperative Society which entered into 41 years faced many difficulties financially and with the cooperation of every one is moving ahead in way of development. This is because we are moving in the footsteps of our society founders.I am informing this august house that there is responsibility on every one of us to handover the responsibility of this society in a developed stage to coming generations. From the day new governing body was elected to till date, the members of the governing body came forward with perseverance for the development of society and offered support and cooperation. I am requesting through this august house to continue this support and cooperation in future also.
Keeping in view the necessities of the farmers and as per the necessities of the people in the surrounding areas, along with the loan facility to the farmers Balaganesh Deposit Scheme for boys and girls and locker facility was provided and we are ready to render services by continuing the development in our village and surrounding areas. Hence I am requesting through this august house to utilise these facilities and develop further.
The short term, medium term and long term loans utilised by the agriculturists in our society and loans utilised by the women from self-protection saving accounts should repay them on time and become eligible for getting loan again. In this present year, our society repaid 100 % loans to the banks and stood as the best cooperative bank in the Rangareddy district. This became possible with your cooperation. Hence, I am wishing that you would repay in time regularly the loan amount and become an example to the society as the excellent members. In order to be beneficial to society accountholders and for smooth functioning of the computers a/c facility was established.
- General functioning: As shown in the last year, the below shown villages are present within the purview of our society. Agricultural loans are given by our society to the farmers having agricultural lands in surrounding villages of Sultanpur, Mallapur, Venkatapur, Renukapur villages. Earlier we used to be in SaroornagarMandal purview, now themandal name came in the name of the village which was newly created is the good news to all of us. “A” class members are 306, while “B” class members are 1261 in our society.
- Membership in the society: There are 2015 members as on 31-3-2017 in our society. In this year as on 31-3-2018 newly 13 members took membership and as no member withdraw from his membership taking the total membership to 2028. The society is proud enough to render the services to these members. Along with them there are 152 CKCC debtors, 10 LT debtors, 1756 SSS debtors, 546 debtors who took loan on gold and there are1209 voluntary savings and 236 compulsory savings. There are 468 boys and girls with Balganesh deposit accounts. It is really proud to the society and to us as we are being served by the society.
- B. Deposits: In this account, as on 31-3-2017, the surplus S.B. deposits of the members stands at Rs. 8,64,77,613.17/-. In this year deposits stand atRs.21,72,60, 659.00/- while withdrawals stand at Rs,25,54,72,651.00/-. Accordingly, as on 31-3-2018 the surplus deposits of 1209 members stand at Rs.4,82,65,621.17/-. I thank the S.B. accountholders for depositing this huge amount.
- Fixed Deposits: In this account, as on 31-3-2017, the surplus deposits belonging to the members stand at Rs.9,84,41,322.00/-. In this year, the deposits stand at Rs.9,50,03,189.00/- and some members withdraw the deposits to the tune of Rs.14,18,82,748.00/-. Accordingly, as on 31-3-2018 the deposits of 235 members amounting to Rs.5,15,61,763.00/- remains surplus. I am thanking every one of the F.D. depositors for having faith in our society.
- BalaganeshBahuvruddhi Deposits: This scheme was envisaged for the development of boys and girls in the purview of our society. As a part of this scheme, 100/- or any big amount can be saved on monthly basis in the name of boy or girl and there is a facility to use this amount in future for their education, marriage. As on 31-3-2017 nearly 468 and above accounts are opened and Rs, 59,73,200/- were deposited. In this
year, 160 more accounts were opened and Rs. 45,77,616/- were deposited. Some of them closed their accounts and withdraw Rs.4,25,125.00/-. It is requested that the parents/guardians cooperate by opening new accounts and lay foundation for the development of boys and girls. As on 31-3-2018, these accounts exceeded 468 in number and the deposits reached to the tune of Rs.1,01,25,689/-. Therefore I would like to congratulate the boys/girls who are the account holders and their parents
- S.S. Deposits: As on 31-03-2017, there are about 1684 depositors in our society. The deposits pertaining to them as on 31-3-2017 are Rs.2,22,42,380/- and in this present year 72 members joined newly. The deposits from all these depositors is Rs.93,36,155/-, while the withdrawals were about Rs.48,49,105/-. Likewise, as on 31-03-2018, the deposits of 1756 persons is amounting to Rs.2,67,29,430/- and this is proud moment to us and to our society. This is the proud moment to our village as Balapur village women deposited such huge amounts and I congratulate every depositor.
- S.S. Loans: The SSS accounts which are running on smoothly in our society as on 31-3-2017 amounts to is Rs.2,93,93,075/-, while in this present year loans amounting to Rs.3,93,99,210/- were given and amount of Rs.3,22,29,278/- were collected from the given loans. Likewise, as on 31-3-2018 the loans related to 1756 members amounts to Rs.3,45,63,007/-. It is heartening to tell that it is proud moment to all of us for undertaking such huge transactions. This account facility will help for the development of women in Balapur. I am announcing to this august house that this is a proud moment for our village.
- Loans: Our society is role model to others in payment of loan amount. The members of our society, SSS accountholders who got short term, medium term and long term agricultural loans, loans on gold jewellery, are punctual to pay their instalments on time regularly and they are becoming role models to others. I thank them all.
- Savings – Main Objectives : Our society is of the opinion that whenever the farmers get their harvest, employees their salaries, professionals their wages and businessmen get their profits if they are habituated to save
some amount every month, their future will be bright. Today in our society Self-protection savings accounts are started keeping in view the women in our village. In the beginning there was teething problems but now it is very facilitative to them. I am thankful that many women are coming forward to open the accounts in our village. If they have deposited minimum of Rs.100/- or any higher amount every month, these deposits will also get 6% interest. Those who are having necessity can get loans on these deposits for 24 months with very less interest of 12%i.e., on every Rs.100/- they can pay Rs.1.00/- as interest.
Main objective to start these accounts:
- Women will be habituated to save
- The surplus amount with women can be deposited without spending
- If we save today, tomorrow will be guaranteed
- If any untoward expenses arises they can be easily met
- For higher education, marriages and other ceremonies in the family
- For purchasing fixed and movable assets and for household purchases
- For getting interest on savings
- If you save, it shows you have earned
- For savings protection. If the necessary amount is at hand we can have respectable position in the society. Hence, if you all deposited in our bank, you can get the interest of 0.5% more than other banks.
- Amendment to rules and regulations of S.S.S. accounts:
- Every month you have to deposit Rs.100/- or any higher amount in our society.
- If anyone had not deposited consecutively for 3 months their account will be cancelled.
- If anyone had not deposited for one month or had deposited after 15th of that month, for every such deposit of Rs.100/- the penalty fee of Rs,5/- will be collected from them.
- If anyone wants to have loan under S.S.S. accounts, they should be the villagers of Balapur with own house and professionally they should earn every month regularly. This is the eligibility criteria for getting loans,
- If anyonewant to have loans, they should pay savings/instalments regularly every month and should sign in the society office after two accountholders take the responsibility of loans as Jamanatdars.
- If they fail to pay instalment or if they don’t pay the instalment by 15th of every month, if they delayed by one day to pay the instalment then the interest for that one day should be calculated, levied and collected. If they paid likewise, they should be given time of one week. If they didn’t pay in this way also, their account should be cancelled and the accounts of Jamanatdars should also be cancelled and the savings related to them are adjusted to their accounts.
Following this way is not for the society to earn profits. It is not the intention of the society to collect the penalty from the members. It is just a decision taken to deposit the savings or pay the instalments in time. It is the decision of governing body not to collect penalty fee from the members. Hence, I am requesting this august house that the members should follow the decision taken by the society governing body. Society president told that by taking this kind of decisions the society will function smoothly and this will help in the development of the society.
Step by step growth of Metpally PACS
There is a special place for Metpally society of ShankarpatnamMandal among the Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Societies which are accelerating in their development and are functioning very well in Karimnagar district. It rose to greater heights from shallow bottoms, it reached the stage where foreigners are willing to visit this society, extending multiple services, earning profits and increasing their fixed assets and standing as role model to many societies. From the stage where it was difficult even to give crop loans to members to the stage of establishing banking counter by opening the savings accounts for members and inculcating in them the banking habits, this society came forward to give educational loan when the commercial banks were hesitating to give and helped the student of the village to reach greater heights in his life. It gave loans to buy autos for the unemployed youth whose family members are members of the society. Along with autos it gave loans to buy two wheelers to the necessary members, loans on gold jewellery and distributing the loans by maintainingthe women self-help group accounts. With an intention to provide diesel to the tractor owners within the purview of the society, it managed to get deposits from the tractor owners by uniting them and with the cooperation of Karimnagar District Cooperative Central Bank it is operating a diesel and petrol pump.On witnessing the progress of the society, the Cooperative department as a part of encouraging them granted them the “RashtriyaKisanVikasYojana”(RKVY) and extended Rs.42 Lakhs for the construction of warehouses.Along with successfully operating by establishing the Banking Counter at the merged central village society Melangur in this society, it envisaged on construction of warehouses in the villages, distributing milk and fertilizers with subsidy seeds, and organising the collection of paddy. Starting from 2005-06 with the loss of Rs.60 Lakhs, to earning Rs.18 Lakhs net profit as per 2014-15 Audit, it continued to earn profits and in the present year i.e., 2016-17 it earned about Rs. Profits and bouncing ahead is something noteworthy. Hence we have to know its success story.
There is a necessity to mention specially about one person who laid foundation for the success of this society. He is TummalaSriramreddy, who was elected as the society president in the election as part ofVaidyanathan Renewal Package who is also the director in the present governing body. He earlier worked as the president of Land Mortgage Bank before the single window establishment. He has the understanding of the cooperative sector. While adopting the Vaidyanathanpackage, in the cooperative election as per the request of the friends and well wishersparticipated in the elections and got elected. At that time the society was completely in losses and was not in a position to extend any service to its members. With an intention to rejuvenate the society, he organised a meeting with directors, farmers, and some well wishers. I was also invited by Sri Ramreddygaru who know me as the cooperative activist and cooperative educationist. This meeting was held then in NCDC building which was in dilapidated situation. As this building was not utilised, the nearby houses used this compound for open defecation. On that day only this society resolved to change the society office and we shifted out office. Initially office was in rented premises and slowly with the help of the governing body members, he played a key role by establishing new office which is very similar to corporate office. In the situation where there is scarcity of staff, he appointed people within the society for a meagre salary, encouraged them and given them responsibilities by resolutions and he showed his management skills and inculcated discipline in them. He encouraged them to followthe office procedure. Society as an agent took Micro Life Insurance and when compared with all societies in the District Cooperative Bank purview done maximum LIC business and accrued to the society an income in the form of commission and was felicitated by LIC. The members have faith in him and his dedication towards the cooperative society and the cooperation of District cooperative bank in giving finances helped the society in total. He once told the cooperation of the then Bank CEO Bhanuprakash was noteworthy and he was felicitated by the bank governing body president Sri KonduruRavinderRao. He was behind the success story of society as he helped in sanctioning of loans. Foundations were laid for the development of society with the coordination of Cooperative department, Financial banks and Markfed with dedicated efforts. On the same foundation, the present President KalvaPapireddy is continuing the development with the help of governing body. Papireddy is also taking Sriramreddy as a role model and with the cooperation of the governing body and by giving directions to the employees with discipline he is moving forward. Under the leadership of S.Sadaiah, Chief Executive Officer of the society, the employees following the rules and regulations framed during the first governing body are exhibiting their talents. Even though if the development under the present president and governing body may not be as assumed but it should not decelerate and bring bad name. With this intention they are working with perseverance.
Details of financial administration:
- Establishment of the society : 14-03-1959, R.No. 5/TQ
- Villages under the society : Metpally 2. Lingapur3. Kothagattu
- Molamgur5. Chintalapally 6.Kannapur 7.Dharmaram
- Arkandla 9. Amudala Pally
- Total members of the society as on 31-03-2017: 3402
- The share amount of members as on 31-03-2017 : 76,38,800/-.
- Deposits of the members as on 31-03-2017 : 2,06,38,398/-.
- Government share amount as on 31-03-2017 : 35,650/-
- Loan to be repaid to the financial banks :Rs. 8,17,55,488/-.
- Loans to be repaid by members : Principal – 10.20 Crores
Interest -Rs. 0.35 Crores
Different loans given to the members:
CKCC loans -Rs. 385 Lakhs
LT Loans – Rs. 355 Lakhs
SHG -Rs. 8130 Lakhs
Gold Loans -Rs. 246 Lakhs
Personal Loans – Rs. 8.5 Lakhs
Two wheeler Loans -Rs. 2.5 Lakhs
Loans against deposits -Rs. 12.75 Lakhs
Loans given to the members
- Crop loans Long term loans 3. Loans to self help groups
- Loans on gold jewellery 5. Personal Loans
Fertilizers, seeds, petrol and diesel, collection of paddy and Savings and fixed deposits.
Details of 3 years collection of Paddy
Sl.No Year and season Collected grain Value of the grain Commission
- 2014-16 Kharif 20 7791280 139130
- 2015 Rabi – – –
- 2015-16 Kharif 20 5,51,19,140 9,50,330
- 2016 Rabi – – –
- 2016-17 Kharif 40 10,498,124 1,73,810
- 2017 Rabi 22824 3,44,53,856 5,70,600
- 2017-18 Kharif 41 4,09,98,676 6,44,710
- 2012-13 7,16,187
- 2013-14 16,41,912
- 2014-15Rs. 18,25,963
- 2015-16 19,82,511
- 2016-17 30,71,926
“ BhagyanagarRythuSeva Cooperative Union”
Indira SevaSadan, Rangareddy
Sri P. Pullareddy PIC/Chairman of Rangareddy district, BhagyanagarRythuSeva Cooperative Union is informing the following details to the readers of the monthly magazine pertaining to Union Cooperation Information.
Propaganda is being made that the members of the society are involving in the activities of the society, they are becoming the shareholders in the development of the society, giving their cooperation in the different developmental programs and for growth of own funds of the society, to safeguard the savings of the members and their relatives in the society. As the response from the members is good, the progress is being achieved. From own funds he informed that loans on gold jewellery, business loans and loans to the women group are granted.
- He said that in order for a member to have a right to vote, he should have minimum Rs.300/- share amount
- He said that right to vote will not be granted if any member has to repay in cash or in kind the amount from at least 3 months
- He said that the co-member will have the right to vote if he has at least Rs.5000/- deposits for a continuous period of 2 years prior to the declaration of the election date in the society
- He said that the member of the group will have right to vote if he is a debtor for at least Rs.10,000/- for a period of 6 months prior to the declaration of the election date in the society.
He thanked the members and officials who are helping in the development of the society.
Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society Limited, Puttandoddi
( Head Quarters : ErravalliChowrashta)
Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society Limited, Puttandoddi was established vide R.No. T.N.No.534. In 2005 as a part of reorganisation, the Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society, Dharmavaram, Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society, Valluru, Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society, Chagapuram are merged into Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society. From then the society purview increased to total 34 villages in Itikyalamandal, and is rendering different types of services to the members of the society. After merging of the above mentioned societies , the society Head Quarters is changed to mandal centre Itikyala.
But in 2013, the warehouse godown with 264 MT capacity is constructed with all latest facilities (Reg No. 22/7/2013) at ErravalliChowrashta, from then onwards society headquarters is shifted to ErravalliChowrashta. Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society, Puttandoddi from 2013, August with the cooperation of NABARD, the crops grown by their farmers were ensured for online selling for the first time in the state with the sponsorship of ORIGO. Commodities India Ltd and WDRA (Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority) and this opportunity was given by NCDEX (National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Limited). With this till now, most of the farmers stored their crop in society godownsand NCDEX they sold their crop for good rate in online market. Till the crop is sold for the good rate, society is giving loans on crops which are stored in the godowns and is meeting the necessities of the farmers. It is quite evident that the total effort of the society president MasaniManikyareddy, the governing body, members of the society and employees helped for the development of the society.
Information of the society:
- Extent of Jurisdiction: Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society, Puttandoddhi society consists of 34 villages in Itikyalamandal.
- Membership and share amount: As per 2016-17 year, there are about
11,346 members in the society and the share amount is Rs.69,24,807/-.
- Loans given to members through the society:
- Short term loans : Rs.3,20,80,174/-
- Long term loans : Rs.1,09,78,449/-
- Pledge loans : Rs.39,38,368/-
- Debts: Got financial assistance from DCCB, Mahaboobnagar and by 2016-17 the following loans were taken as debt
- Short term Loans :Rs.6,53,26,540/-
- Long term Loans : Rs.1,00,69,680/-
- Pledged Loans : Rs.37,45,383/-
- Details of the godown: There are three godowns within the purview of Puttandoddhi, Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society.
- ErravalliGodown -264 MTS
- DharmavaramGodown – 662.11 MTS
- ValluruGodown – 38 MTS
Along with the above mentioned godowns, buildings are taken on rental basis in the necessary villages within their purview and are supplying fertilizers, different kinds of seeds to the members of the society. The crops grown by the members of the society are purchased for support price as mentioned by the government (MARKFED, TS Seeds) and are offering different kinds of services to the members.
- Details of business: Different kinds of seeds and fertilizers are supplied to the members of the society.
- Paddy (BPT) : Rs.2,90,000/-
- Bengal gram : Rs.1,39,06,500/-
- Black gram : Rs.9,846/-
- Fertilizers : Rs. 1,03,280/-
Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society Limited
Uppununthala, Nagar Kurnool District
On 25-06-2005, Peddapur and Velturu PACS are merged into Uppununthala PACS. These three societies together are in the losses to the tune of one Crore sixty seven Lakhs.After the merging of these societies Sri MadduNarender Reddy was elected as the first Chairman on 28-10-2005. Till now, Sri MadduNarender Reddy is still continuing as the president of the society. In this society there are crop loans to the tune of Rs.86.58 Lakhs and Long term loans to the tune of Rs.332.00 Crores. In 2006 the own building to this society was constructed with Rs. 8.00 Lakhs.In 2008, as part of Vaidyanathan Package Rs.2.58 Crores accrued to the society. In 2008 as part of loan waiver, under crop loans Rs.1.210 Crores and under Long term loans Rs.2.10 Crores were waived. After getting elected for the second time, after 4-2-2013, 2100 MT godown was constructed with Rs.63.40 Lakhs with the financial assistance from NABARD. 500 MT Fertilizer godown was constructed with Rs.22.18 Lakhs and with Rs.9.80 Lakhs financial assistance from District Cooperative Central Bank, Mahaboobnagar, a meeting hall is constructed on the building and chamber of president is also constructed. In 2014, Telangana Government had waived loans in 4 phases to the tune of Rs.9.32 Crores. This society with the losses of one crore sixty seven lakhs marched into profits and in 2017, March it embarked into Rs.46.50 Lakhs profits. Through the society, the paddy and maize from the farmers are purchased and payments are done as per the support prize announced by Telangana Government to the farmers.
- Crop Loans : Rs. 13,82,70,000/-
- Long term Loans : Rs. 46,49,504/-
- Loans for milk production : Rs. 3,59,56,058/-
- Loans for Tractor :Rs. 2,31,27,334/-
- Loans for Poultry farms : 1,82,02,771/-
- Loans for Sheep rearing : 1,92,61,018/-
- Loans on gold jewellery : 2,28,01,000/-
- Loans for small businesses : 33,24,000/-
- Loans to government employees: 5,80,000/-
- Interest accrued from government: 81,13,670/-
- Deposits in Dist. Coop. Central Bank : 10,00,000/-
- Share amount in Dist. Coop. Central Bank: Rs.98,00,000/-
Capital amount of society:
- The share amount of members of the society : 1,95,38,094/-
- Savings and deposits of members of the society : Rs. 2,20,69,000/-
- Loans from Dist. Coop. Central Bank : Rs.23,40,24,713/-
After the merging of Peddapur, Velturu and Uppununthala societies on 25-07-2005, the society has given crop loans of Rs.32,12,938/-, Long term Loans of Rs.3,10,75,845/-, totalling Rs. 3,42,88,783/-.
Profits earned by the society from the past six years:
2009-2010 Rs. 3,43,000/-
2011-2012 Rs. 7,15,913/-
At present the society is functioning with the net profit of Rs.2,23,41,214/-.
Members of the society: 10513
Society has Rs.63.40 Lakh 2100MT godown, Rs.23 Lakhs 500MT godown and Rs.7.80 Lakh seed godown.
Society has own building of Rs.30.00Lakhs, 0.22 guntas land in Uppununthala, 0.20 guntas land in Upparipally and a building in Velturu. Society is involved in the purchase of paddy , maize and red gram and is into seeds business, fertilizer business.
Name synonymous with development, Konapur PACS
KonapurPACS stands as an example for achieving anything with perseverance. This society was established in 1919 in RamayampetMandal of Medak district. From then to till now it overcame many hindrances, by utilising the resources which are available and as the ceded society to State Bank of India, Medak with the limited opportunities it evolved as the ideal society for other cooperative societies. Till 2005, the society was functioning with meagre resources. Konapur village, along with two thandas purview, with only 5 Crore Crop Loans, and with 680 members it is progressing by achieving 100% recovery.In the governing body elections that held in 2005, Madhava Reddy GariDevender Reddy got elected and developed this society with his trademark style. Presently it has achieved excellent development when compared with the surrounding PACS.
In 2012-13, with the financial support of NABARD, 1500MT capacity godown was constructed in SEI Medak with 32 lakhs. It got involved in business of fertilizers, seeds, pesticides and is continuing with full computerisation of society records. It has established centres for purchasing of paddy and maize. It is extending financial support for the final rituals of any dead member and also assisting in the marriages of daughters of the members. With the assistance of IFFCO-TOKYO Insurance company, all the members in the society were insured. Under the aegis of IFFCO, farmers awareness sessions and training on preparation of Bio fertilizers to PACS were undertaken.Jeeluga seeds are sold on subsidy to members of the society. LIC agency was taken on behalf of the society, and extending all kinds of insurance services. Strategies are being formulated in order to construct market yard by acquiring the suitable land with the cooperation of the members of society and to do business by extending more services which are beneficial to the farmers with the help of NCDC, Delhi.Meeseva centre is being functioning in the society. With deposit collection, 100% loan recovery, getting A-Grade in audit, this society was selected as the best society among the 16 societies which are affiliated to SBI, Medak and was felicitated by the SBI AGM. It also received the best society award from the then Minister Smt.SunithaLaxmareddy and the then collector Dinakarbabu.The services of president of the society Sri.M.Devender Reddy were noteworthy in taking the Konapursociety on the development path. With the cooperation from Cooperative department officials and members of the society and by following the principles and values of cooperation it evolved as an ideal society and is shining as a torchbearer to other societies. It gave 5,23,00,000 S.T. loans, 68,59,513 L.T. loans and 68,59,513 advances. It has fixed deposits in SIA 79,25,000/-, fixed deposits to the society from members 24,01,650/-, HPCL fixed deposits 5,00,000/-, KRIBHCO fixed deposits 5,00,000/-, GROMOR fixed deposits 5,00,000/-, fertilizer business 71,52,324/-, seed business 10,63,727/-, pesticides 2,22,310/-, HPCS (Petrol Diesel) business 9,78,67,242/-, and the details for 2016-2017 are present with the society.
“ Dream of Jammikunta Cooperative Society is accomplished”
With the starting of diesel pump, the dream of many years of the members of the Jammikunta Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society was accomplished. On the way from Jammikunta to Karimnagar on the state highway near the Jaggaiahpally village this construction took place and was opened by Sri EtelaRajender, Minister for Finance and Civil Supplies on 1-5-2018.
On this occasion while speaking, he desired that this pump should be an example for progress in cooperative sector and another diesel and petrol pump is added to already those working in the cooperative sector. At this juncture, he congratulated the members and appreciated the governing body. He requested the members to successfully manage by meeting the necessities of petrol and diesel from the pump established for everyone in the society and if everyone is united andstands in unison we can get best servicesand this is only possible in cooperative sector. He also suggested that the organisers should follow the quality standards in order to encourage the concept of “this is our pump” among the members.
On this occasion, while delivering his speech Sri. TakkellapallyRajeshwarRao, the president of the society and also the Telangana State Cooperative Union Limited, Hyderabad, Chairman had said that, “ Our Jammikunta Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society with SBI as the financial bank is extending many services to the members from past 25 years and is moving progressively. The President and governing body that were before endeavoured for development of the society. As a second term president it gave me satisfaction that seed plant construction was completed under my regime, and intended to accelerate the progressive pedal with the cooperation of governing body and staff. I am appreciating the society CEO M. Prakashreddy for safeguarding this land which was brought three decades before from encroachment.He appreciated CEO and staff on behalf of the members of the society for developing this society in a very progressive way. Even though the governing bodies and presidents have an idea and thought of construction of pump it did not materialize due to the regulations in vogue at that time and apprehensions relating to sales, but myself and my governing body took a daring step and constructed this pump due to extension of Jammikunta – Karimnagar highway into four lane road and increase in the vehicular traffic and the initiation of our Minister. Many villages are connected to this highway and the increase of vehicles in our society purview as there are about 1000 tractors, 5000 two wheelers, 300 tri wheelers, more than 100 paddy harvesters, proclainers and if 50% of these utilise our services at pump the whole plan will be successful. That was our confidence.
Concluding the meeting CEO M. Prakashreddy while rendering his thanksgiving speech told that the pump will build up confidence among the members and consumers. In this program along with the Minister, Sri MudigantiSurender Reddy, Chairman of Karimnagar District Marketing Society, local public representatives,governing body and members were present.